Simple Truths of the Bible

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Be Bold!

Psalms 116:10 NKJV

I believed, therefore I spoke, “I am greatly afflicted.”

          The word of the Lord is power. His salvation brings zeal to even the most staunch introverts. I do not speak of the Lord to justify my own conversion. No, I speak to share the ineffable joy that comes with being liberated.I was held captive but freed. I was yet wallowing in filth, but yet cleansed. I was sentenced to death, but yet pardoned. How can such a gift be kept in silence? Does the mockery of the world silence Christ? Was Jesus silenced in fear of ridicule? We believe so we speak. Our faith should speak through us and come forth as gushing waters of life. We are afflicted by the world, but yet we believe so we speak. Do not let the world set its agenda against the heart of God.
          Please label me a Jesus freak, please label me a bible thumper, and please call me a zealot. I will wear them as a badge of honor and one day as a crown in heaven. I can neither resist the bursting of the truth of salvation from my lips than I can resist breathing. Speaking of Christ is the essence of my being and is the only act that is devoid of vanity. The world may have you believe that we preach to push a selfish agenda; however, this is a lie from the very deepest pit of hell. We preach because the Holy Spirit speaks through us for His glory and not our own. Therefore Christian, be bold! Though we are afflicted our hearts can not be shut. We that believe will speak!

No comments:

Post a Comment